Emergency First Aid at Work (Sport and Exercise)
16 August @ 09:00 - 13:00
Southgate Hockey Club is arranging an Emergency First Aid at Work (Sport and Exercise) course.
Emergency First Aid at Work
(Sport and Exercise) – HSE recommended
Sunday 16 August, 9am – 1pm
4-hour course taking place in one sitting
This is the minimum level of statutory first aid training for those required to act in an emergency. An essential course for sports coaches, fitness trainers, club officials or anyone who could be called on to deal with injury or illness in the sport and exercise situation. The certificate is accepted by all sport and exercise governing bodies for insurance and CPD purposes.
Course content: Delegates receive training in a range of first aid subjects, including:
- The Primary Survey in sport and exercise: AcBCDE
- Basic Life Support and Defibrillation: Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2021, Adult and Child sequence, including Covid modifications
- Sudden Death Syndrome: incidence of major cardiac illness in athletic populations
- Management of the unconscious casualty, including head injury/concussion assessment
- Management of injury, illness and environmental scenarios: case studies and open forum – subjects discussed will include neck injury, bleeding, fracture, dislocation, soft-tissue injury, asthma, hypoglycaemia, fitting, heat and cold illness
On completion of the course delegates receive the nationally-recognised ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ certificate which is valid for 3 years (please note: the Health and Safety Executive strongly advises annual refresher training).
Email Liz@southgatehockeycentre.co.uk to book a place