6th January 2021
With the recent government announcement of a full national lockdown, English Athletics has issued revised guidelines for us all to follow.
These being as follows:
- The suspension of all face-to-face indoor and outdoor club/group activity.
- The suspension of all indoor track and field competitions.
- The suspension of all outdoor competitions including track and field, cross country, road, trail, fell and multi-terrain running.
- The suspension of all face-to-face coaches’ and officials’ education.
- The suspension of any other face-to-face club/group training sessions, events, athlete camps, running groups or other social events, as well as club committee or other meetings.
- Indoor gyms and facilities will remain closed.
What can take place?
- The government has confirmed that individuals can exercise with one other person either from their household OR outside their household. This exercise is limited to one occasion per day and, the individual should not travel outside of their local area
- Virtual training sessions can be delivered by qualified coaches
- Virtual competitions can still take place. Click here for a list of virtual road races
- England Athletics will continue to coordinate the Weekly 30
The full English Athletics statement can be accessed here.
Please do adhere to these new guidelines, thank you.