Easing of lockdown restrictions 19th July Update
The guidance below outlines how the Running Club is approaching the easing of lockdown from the 19th July. These guidelines have been developed following careful consideration of the Government guidance and engagement with the Hockey Centre, Leaders (call held 12th July) and the Committee.
The government guidance states: “COVID-19 has not gone away, so it’s important to remember the actions you can take to keep yourself and others safe. Everybody needs to continue to act carefully and remain cautious”. This was a view expressed by the leaders who reviewed proposals to help the club return to normal. The following changes help support this cautious approach.
Club training dates and times
The leaders will continue to provide a range of start times for runs on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday’s. We will gradually move to holding more sessions at pre-COVID set times but retain some flexibility that will reflect how members have had to adapt running around work and home. We will canvas members views on core meeting times so that we do not lose our identity as a “Running club for all”.
Attending a training session and group sizes.
We recognise that some members have found Coacha difficult to use and we will continue to seek improvements from the software designers. However, Coacha has helped move the club forwards through difficult times and offers many advantages that will strengthen the club going forwards. Official Club sessions will continue to be listed on Coacha, providing easy booking for members who sign-up on Coacha.
As restrictions are relaxed from the 19th July, members can turn up without booking on Coacha and join a group at the leaders’ discretion. Group sizes will be increased to a maximum of 12 members per leader from the 19th July, which will also help with this cautious, but flexible approach.
Hockey Centre – Home of TPRC
We have met with the Hockey centre management team and the points below summarise their approach from the 19th July. Please familiarise yourself with these so that everyone can continue to enjoy the facilities of the centre safely.
- Garden area and outside generally, all restrictions lifted, BUT please be cautious
- The screen around the bar will remain up
- Customers should wear masks in the building
- Customers seated at tables do not need to wear masks
- Customers should be seated when in the bar area. Please do not gather in standing groups
- Number seated at a table – no restrictions
- Showers and changing rooms – no restrictions but please remain cautious
- We will continue to keep all doors and windows open to maximum ventilation in the bar area
- Sanitisers will remain up. Please use them
- The sofas will be returned to the bar on Friday 23rd July
- Changing room 3 will return to use from Friday 23rd July
- The meeting room will return to a meeting room from Friday 30 July, however, due to reduced ventilation, we do not recommend it is used by more than 6 people.
As a club we requested a more suitable meeting point at the centre. It has been agreed that we can meet in the Marquee through the summer and the “Dance Floor” area in the winter. We all need to ensure that fire exits and walkways are not used as meeting points going forwards.
I look forward to seeing you at the club soon